Setup for coolant induced annular cutter arbor

In search of tool nirvana, I'd like to hook up a coolant induced annular cutter holder on my mill.
What GPH or PSI do I need?
What kind of connector does it use? I'll do more surfing today, but blast, it almost looks like a grease zerk without the ball...
Add pictures here
✖
Well, Collis uses a 9/16-24 thread for the coolant nipple.
On 2/5/2012 08:00, Louis Ohland wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Depends on whether you want to flush away the stringy chips or are just trying to get some coolant in the cut. Some mag drills come with a gravity feed bottle for soluble oil which serves for the latter.

The fitting on the rotary union on my mag drill is about that size, and the hose between the tank and rotary union is probably about 1/4" ID. The bottle holds perhaps a pint of coolant.
--
Ned Simmons

Add pictures here
✖

Primarily coolant into the cut. Don't need to blast coolant over my cramped work area...

Collis has some nipples that sorta remind me of compressed air, there is a retracting coupler they show...
Add pictures here
✖

Like this? http://www.collistoolholder.com/cgi-bin/parts.cgi?typ ÊT_7_TYP_4
The coupler is probably a hydraulic QD.
This is the holder on my mag drill. The little barb fitting on the right side is the coolant connection. I've never used the coolant tank on mine, but the Collis setup is obviously intended to deliver much higher flow and pressure -- probably enough to clear the bird's nest of turnings that an annular cutter tends to wrap around itself. http://bds-maschinen.kernbohrer.de/products/accessories/keyless.php
--
Ned Simmons

Add pictures here
✖
http://www.collistoolholder.com/cgi-bin/parts.cgi?typ ÊT_7_TYP_A
R8 holder, 3/4...
Oh ho, a hydraulic coupler...

Add pictures here
✖
Louis Ohland wrote:

The couplers in that picture appear to be standard pressure washer couplers, not hydraulic couplers. The key difference is there are no check valves or flow restrictions on the pressure washer QCs, just a straight through bore.
Add pictures here
✖
If the cutting tool has top or side openings, those would likely be completely adequate for a small stream of cutting lubricant to pass thru, and insure comple lubrication while cutting (stream fed manually, by gravity or gradually pump fed).
Also, if a small puddle is applied to the interior cutter area before contact with the workpiece, the rotating cutter will essentially pull the lubricant to the cutting teeth as it turns.
Unless you have some high speed cutter application (slinging away the lube) which could benefit from a continuous flow of cutting lubricant, you may just be over-complicating the issue. The normal cutter-pointed-down configuration doesn't usually demand a continuous flow of cutting lube.. cutting into a vertical or overhead surface are applications where I would consider pumping to be a useful requirement.
--
WB

"Louis Ohland" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.net> wrote in message
✖