Sharpening carbide

Hi All
I just purchased a Harbor Fright tool grinder. (Yeah, I wish I could afford better) I have it all set up and she seems to be running
properly. I now have come to the realization that I have never actually sharpened any carbide tooling before. I didn't find much on the Web. Could someone please give me some pointers on sharpening carbide tooling? What about the coolant? Just use water? How much? The amount of pressure of tool to wheel to use? Etc.
Thanks in advance and a happy and prosperous 2007
Jay Cups
JayCups wrote:

What about the coolant? Just use water? How much? The amount of

If you use coolant, use flood coolant. Otherwise grind dry. Intermittant cooling will cause carbide to crack.
Dan
You don't say if you are using green wheels or diamond. With green run dry. With diamond I put kerosene in the cup and dip a rag in the cup and then set rag on far side of wheel. The wheel will pick up enough to keep tool wet. You should make sure your coolant won't rust everything. P.S. I save the green grinding grit mix it with oil and make a lap compound with it. Jim