Shopping for a Live Center?

Using a dead-center is a little bit tricky but I've had much better results.

Reply to
Buerste

Skoda means "pity", "waste" or "damage" depending on context. I'm just saying...

Reply to
Michael Koblic

No idea what a bluefish is but a smoked whitefish would really hit the spot right now. :)

I gotta head up across the bridge to US 2 soon.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Whitefish, bluefish, redfish...I love any kind of fish. And since I wrote that, I hit them again, yesterday. I smell like a bait boat (bluefish are...ah, "full-flavored," and I gut them the minute they come in) but I'm loving all the fish.

My fishing buddy, just retired, has been fly fishing for trout in the mornings, and then he comes over and fishes salt water with me in the afternoons. But he doesn't eat fish! So I've been letting him fish away and filling my cooler with his fish. d8-)

I have to stop this and get back to work. Maybe next week.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I'll have to imagine the smell. The smell of smoked fish is something I really crave at the moment.

Nothing wrong with that. I once seriously bunny hunted before the coyotes decimated them. I seldom ate the things but I had a lady, now deceased, that loved bunnies along with her husband. Bunny isn't bad but it just isn't one of my favorites.

As long as we don't waste, it is all good,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I always found it hard to keep them lit.

Ah, you should have had my half-Hungarian aunt's hassenpfeffer. It was delicious.

You've probably never seen a Monkfish, except maybe filleted, on a plate in a restaurant. It can make you think twice about eating what you catch.

Bon appétit! d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

there was a "Montana Calander" I picked up near flathead lake a few years ago that showed a native son doing just that, he used an Oxy cutting torch to keep it lit - I wonder if the fish need a health warning?

Reply to
Bill Noble

Unfiltered lutefisk allegedly are high in tar. Also, avoiding smoking anything that comes from the Gulf of Mexico.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yuck! I think I'll stick to fish that have trout in their name. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

When I was a kid and we brought one of those suckers over the side, we'd hack them up with a bait knife and throw them back into the water -- an un-PC thing to do these days.

It turns out that fishermen thought they were eating up the summer flounder (maybe they were). I always thought we killed them because they were fish-demons from hell.

What you don't see in that photo is the little bait thingy they wiggle above their head (it's there, but it's laying flat). Thus, another of the beastie's other names: Anglerfish. We fishermen called them Headfish, because they're about 1/2 head.

Reply to
Ed Huntress