Sizing a breaker for 10 HP RPC idler

I have this 10 HP 3 phase motor that I want to use as an idler.

This will be in a self starting capacitor start RPC. The motor will start without load.

My question is, how to properly size a circuit breaker for the 240V single phase circuit.

By the way, the subpanel in my garage is on a 60A breaker.

Ignoramus23077

60 amps

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

thanks Ned.

Ignoramus23077

What is the size for the load motors you plan on running with this?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I would say, for a typical metalworking machine, up to 3 HP, and for a hypothetical 3 phase welder, up to the converter's capacity.

There will be an auction tomorrow with a dozen of used bridgeports and a Sharp mill on sale. Bridgeports are 1.5-2 HP and Sharp is 3 HP. All with DRO's. I will not bid on them now, but maybe one day.

Ignoramus23077