Step up transformer 240V to 480V 3 phase

True the voltage levels at no load have to be the same. But the voltage ratios do not have to be 2:1. As Don and Lloyd say, the smaller transformers are designed with a ratio slightly off of 2:1. That is so at the rated load, with some voltage reduction because of losses in the transformer, the voltage ratio is 2:1.

But it reminds me of the difference between an engineer and a physicist. If a physicist enters a room and sees a naked girl on the other side of the room, he sighs. Because he knows that he can go toward the girl until he gets half way there. And he can half the distance again and again, but doing that will never get him to the girl.

The engineer just barges in, because he knows he can get close enough.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I'll be waiting on any leads to come my way. Thanks.

Reply to
trg-s338

It depends on the "Q" of the transformer. A tight core and winding can do wonders. Loose windings are fudging and might not be turns true.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Ig...

I sent you an email of inquiry but have not received a response. Let me know.

Reply to
trg-s338

Response sent. Sorry. I will test it over the weekend.

Ignoramus21710