Trommel working

I got the trommel working today, using an intermediary gear reduction unit. I am going to exchange one of the pulleys tomorrow so as to get a
few more rpm, but it's working nicely, even if it is held together temporarily with vise grips and bubblegum. Tomorrow, I'll start welding it out, and take some pictures of the whole thing. I am satisfied with the trommel, but not its performance. It takes too long to take the husks off, maybe changing the pulley tomorrow will improve it. Pecan handling and processing is turning into a lot of work.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Post pics somewhere, I have several pecan trees here and on a good year without trying I easily collect 35# (unshelled).
On 12/26/2013 5:46 PM, Pete C. wrote:

That's barely two five gallon buckets full. I just bought 285# from a guy the other day. Gonna work on a simple separator tomorrow.
Steve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/310417165035?lpid
On 27/12/13 00:32, SteveB wrote:

Keep in mind that poly V belt drives can use a flat driven pulley when the reduction is about 5:1 or greater so you might be able to run the belt directly on your drum and just a poly V pulley on the motor which are available with taper lock bushes cheaply from bearing suppliers. I've done this on a few occasions and it works well.