VFD/Potentiometer/Motor Questions

Oh...I failed to mention that running a VFD on SINGLE PHASE may indeed decrease the HP rating, depending on the particular drive.

GUnner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

I think I found the problem. I believe one of the wires for the output (3 phase) didn't connect very well to the VFD. I had taken off the motor and checked the wiring. It was wired for 220 vac (vice 440). While I had the wiring loose I tinned the end of the wiring to make it easier to insert into the terminals. I put everything back together and WOW! I can take cuts now I couldn't dream of before. The adjustable speed is fantastic, and the deceleration rate (adjustable) is excellent (I have it set for .4 seconds). I only need to hook up the remote pot to complete the installation.

I faced some 1.5" crs with an indexable carbide tool at about 1.5 times the speed I used to do it at (due to the capabilities of the lathe at the time) and what a much nicer finish. It's going to be like learning to use the lathe all over again....

Dave Young

Dave Young wrote:

Reply to
Dave Young