Where to buy 320 grit 3 x 18 sanding belts?

I need a 320 grit or higher 3" x 18" sanding belt. Or a variety/assortment pack that includes at least one 320 grit sanding belt. Amazon has 10 for $21 (shipped), but here that would be a waste of about eight of those belts. I need at most two or three, and can get by with one for now. I don't mind paying more per belt for fewer belts.

Or maybe I should just pay the $21 and forget about the waste of belts.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Lacking a local mainstream store that handles them I would check Yellow Pages or Google for an area industrial supply store. We live in a rural town but we have several shops within 20-30 miles that can get pretty much anything - often at a a lower price than the usual retail outlets. One store that comes to mind is Fastenal but there are others - many privately operated.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

320 & 400 available. $.90 ea + shipping

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

i use

chaniarts

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I've used this company for years - very high quality paper and cloth.

The prices should be much better.

Mart> I need a 320 grit or higher 3" x 18" sanding belt. Or a

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Klingspor will make any size you want, though 3x18 looks to be a standard size:

DanG

I'm not seeing the OP (frequently happens with this hack/spitVistablows and APN), so I'll add a comment here.

If JD could find a roll of 3" wide abrasive with a suitable backing, it's not too difficult to make belts. I've used a hard hone stone to knock off about 1/8" of the grit from the angle-cut ends cut from roll stock, which then provides a thin backing margin which can be overlapped without creating a hump. Superglue or other adhesive that's not particularly sensitive to heat, can be used to glue the overlap. Apply glue, compress with a clamp so the belt is flat and straight (like one does when welding a bandsaw blade).

Whether this method will be suitable for the intended use depends upon the application, but for working with wood it works fine IME.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

FWIW... I ordered three 3 x 18 aluminum oxide closed coat 600 grain/grit sanding belts from

If everything goes well, they should last for months or more, here. Making them sounds fun, but I need few. Thanks to the replies.

Reply to
John Doe

I don't see the original either, problably on a domain that I've killed do to either excessive spam or excessive loons.

However if someone needs 3x18 320 grit belts, .

Reply to
J. Clarke

Imaginary kill file friends can be confusing.

No doubt someone does.

Reply to
John Doe