Variety Pak - Welding Rods

Someone asked a while back about being able to purchase a variety pack of welding rods.

Northern Tool & Equipment has just such a pack. It includes the holder with belt hook and o-ring to seal out moisture, 1# of 6011, 1# of 6013,

1# of 6018AC all in 1/8" for about $13.49 or $13.99.

?

?

I'll go ahead and mention the oxy/acy kit from Harbor Freight regularly $130 or $135 (two different ones, I think) -- on sale for $90.00. It includes a #0 cutting tip, 3 brazing tips, a rosebud, the mixing chamber, 2 sets of gauges, a striker, hose (? 15') and the case to carry it all in. Oh, I think a #10 set of goggles was also included.

Looks like a really good starter kit, having about everything you need except two tanks of gas and something to heat, cut or weld! ;-) Oh, I didn't see any oxy welding rods so you'd need them also.

I'll probably pick up the latter this week-end.

Reply to
Al Patrick