Where to buy aluminum trash cans?

Gentle forest creatures are taking over the Jersey Shore. The damned things chew holes in any plastic trash can and distribute the contents all over the back yard. The galvanized trash cans carried by Lowes and the Borg are small compared to the plastic ones commonly in use. I have seen, in the past, larger aluminum trash cans. Does anyone know if these are still sold?

I haven't seen any bears in town yet, but they are close enough that my wife was able to hit one with the van on her way to work.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Oh, cripes, you've got bears down the shore now? Where at the shore?

They must have walked right by me. I'm in Middlesex County. d8-)

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

This particular one was in Howell Township, a couple of miles west of Allaire park. They've joined the deer in the suicide attacks.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

A minor nit (this is metalworking, after all). You're looking for galvanized steel garbage cans, not AL.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

No. I'm not.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

That's pretty far south. I'm surprised. I wonder how they got there? Right down the middle of the state, I would guess, or a little west, staying to either side of Princeton.

We had one over in Plainsboro when I lived there 25 years ago. They figured he came down the banks of the Delaware River. I haven't heard of any this far south since then.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sorry, when I read galvanized in your post I assumed you were looking for galvanized.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

We have some of everything. And as the hinterlands keep building up, the animals get pushed further east. Most people I know have someone in the family that has performed a physics experiment with a deer and a car. The fellows out in the country don't know what plentiful game is. Here in suburbia no one can shoot them. The damned things are tame (I was bitten by the wrong tick, but I'm not bitter or anything). Here's an article on the Howell bears:

I think my answer should be some sheet metal equipment. Think of the untapped market. Custom trash cans for Nieu Yuppeville. Take them to the curb in your Hummer.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Aha. So your bears apparently came down the banks of the Delaware, too. I can see that, but getting between Trenton and Lawrenceville must be quite a trick for them.

There's got to be an opportunity there somewhere.

I haven't seen any bears here yet, but we have deer. The deer population in NJ is getting nutz. Last Fall I took my son to a soccer match at Middlesex County College, in Edison, fer chrissake, and I had to get out of my car and shoo the damned things away before I could park. The thing that staggered me was that there was an eight-point buck (Eastern count) in the herd, and he seemed totally unconcerned.

Too many deer. And now, too many bears. 3,000 bears in NJ in a few years? Look out. Somebody is going to get hurt. This ain't Pennsylvania.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Not Al, but have you considered using a 55 gal drum?

Reply to
Nick Hull