10mm x 1.25mm tap

Anyone got one, preferably a second tap rather than a bottoming, I can borrow for 5 minutes? I've got an oddball thread in a cylinder head I need
to clean out and having failed to realise it was not a std 1.5mm pitch I started running a std 10mm tap down it and need to sort out the resulting cock up.
--
Dave Baker

writes

Dave,
Seven quid from these people (and a wonderful source to bookmark for future use):
http://www.drill-service.co.uk/Product.asp?Parent 0040000000&ToolA7
Regards,
David
--
David Littlewood

"Dave Baker" wrote...

You may have a friendly local bicycle shop, in which case they might do it for you while you're there - it's the standard for bolt-on rear derailleur gear hangers which often get their threads a bit knackered y mountain bikers knocking the gears off on rocks etc.
I assume this was a Japanese cylinder head, one of their 10mm standard threads is/was 1.25 pitch rather than the ISO 1.0 or 1.5mm...
Dave H.

Indeed, it's a Mazda head and I only just touched it for about a quarter turn with the 10 x 1.5mm tap before realising it felt wrong so it'll take little sorting out if I can find the right tap to borrow. Failing that I'll buy a bolt and grind some flutes in it.
--
Dave Baker

Aksherly I've just had a thunk. An 8mm x 1.25mm helicoil tap is near as dammit 10mm. About 9.63mm anyway so I'll run that through tomorrow and see what it does. With a bit of side pressure as I wind it about it might just clean everything up close enough to do the job.
--
Dave Baker

If it's just for cleaning a thread in an ally head, it might be just as simple to turn the thread on a bit of silver steel, cut some flutes in it and use it as-is. Even more so if the Helicoil tap does some, but not all, of the required cleaning.
regards Mark Rand RTFM

If only thread cutting was one of my skills. Buying a bolt and grinding some flutes in it is a quicker way for me.
--
Dave Baker

In that case:- Five quid from www.tracytools.com and if you phone them up, they'll probably send it straight away first class post.
We need to get you educated. Think of all the non-profitable time you're not having :-)
Mark Rand RTFM

I just checked and I have 1.5, 1.0 and 0.75 but no 1.25 :(
Pete.