3PH motor FOC

2.2kW 4 pole (1430rpm) 240/415V Continuously rated. Foot mounted Some damage to front RH foot.
Ex A/C plant.
Good for a phase convertor or even a VFD conversion on a lathe.
Can deliver to the Bristol show on Saturday.
Free to the first reply I see.
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Me! Me!
And I'll buy you a pint or three on Saturday too!
-- Peter Fairbrother
Peter Fairbrother wrote:

OOOPS, got carried away there and thought it was something different. Someone else can have it.
But I'll buy you a pint on Saturday anyway.
:)
-- Peter Fairbrother

Too late, you've got to take it away now <BEG>
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Allright, I'll buy you three pints on Saturday then - but I'm not taking the motor away!
-- Peter Fairbrother

tell you what, buy me 4 and I'll take it away.
John S.
On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:34:55 -0700 (PDT), John S

Better yet....buy me five and I'll take the motor AND John.....!
--
Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) "There *must* be an easier way!"
John S wrote:

But if I buy you four pints - who's going to take you away?
BTW, is Arc Euro going to be at Bristol? I didn't see them mentioned on the exhibition website.
-- Peter Fairbrother

No ARC only do two shows now, Harrogate and Warwick, The costs of doing these show are getting prohibitive, it's not so much stand prices but it costs as much to do a big show as a small one given the main costs are in staff, transport, hotels and meals.
The latest brainwave from the powers that be is anyone driving over 3.5 tonnes now has to have a driver card that fits the tachometer like a credit card. Some of the new vehicles won't let you start it without. That's been in about 2 years. Now though same drivers have to have one day per year training over the life of the card which is 5 years. You can do a 5 day course and get it over with or do one day per year.
This isn't hands on training but classroom work, One days lost wages and 250 quid per day for the training. So for me that's 5 days or one weeks lost income and 1250 quid just so I know how to do what I have been doing since I was 21.
Add onto this a private medical every time I want to renew my HGV every 3 years, oops sorry LGV now, when it was Heavy Goods Vehicle it was 70, now it's Large Goods Vehicle it's 120
John S.
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:11:33 -0700 (PDT), John S

If it cheers you up any, I was recently told by the new departmental h&S occifer that I'm not competent to work on a ladder. Only been doing it for 27 years for the company. Ok, I've never done really high stuff, never more than a 120ft drop above the next solid object. But this was in regard to screwing a satellite dish 7ft up the side of a portakabin ferchrissakes :-|
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

your company should employ the monkeys to do the climbing, instead of the h&s-ing
--
bigegg

Mark,
I notice "Charles P" (presumably Ping) has an advert (posted 16 August) on homeworkshop.co.uk actually seeking just such a motor! Presumably a good fit there.
David
--
David Littlewood

David Littlewood wrote:

I spotted Charles's ad too but Mark's motor is bigger than the one Charles requested.
Bob

Just looked. He wants it as an idler motor, so a bit too big may not be critical. I'll drop him a line.
Mark Rand RTFM

Mark
Thanks for the email. A bit big but it's for a pilot motor so shouldn't matter. If we can work out a way to get it towards the east of the country (or possibly the well known Nottingham drop in centre run by JS then we're in business.) Anyone going to Bristol from Essex/Suffolk and can bring it back and store it for a week or two?
This arrangement would have a nice symetry since your J&S 540 has a motor from my shed in it..
Charles
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:28:27 -0700 (PDT), Charles

I suppose you could think of it as an investment. Invest 3/4hp and get 3hp back :-)
regards Mark Rand RTFM

I'm meeting Mark there on Saturday anyway so it can travel back with me if no direct route is forthcoming.
Same applies for anything else, I'll have the Donald but not sure on space as I have to pop down to Poole and raid some smellies warehouse with Gert the day before.
Last time we did the warehouse run we came back with a pallet full of CD's, one of artist materials and two of bog rolls, we only got it all in by by stacking the bog rolls all round everything else. I just managed to squeeze the last one in the rear door panels.
I said to the guy at the warehouse that if we'd had 2 more rolls we would have been in the shit............
John S.
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:33:54 -0700 (PDT), John S

That seems sensible since I have to in Nottingham early next month.
Thanks chaps
Charles

Sounds like a plan, if we stop Peter from giving you alcohol poisoning.
regards Mark Rand RTFM

Bob,
CP requested a motor up to "2 HP/1.5 kW". He was clearly rounding a bit as 1.5 kW *is* 2.2 HP. Anyway, the direct contact should resolve it.
David
--
David Littlewood