16 years ago
stone of dubious heritage and other bits and bobs. I notice that J&L
industries are having a ?30% off abrasives? sale and I thought I?d
treat myself to some better supplies and kit.
I?m currently building an ME beam engine and will probably progress to
a 3.5/5? steam loco next. Kit is a Myford S7/Fobco pillar drill, so
normal kit, normal projects. With this in mind:
1) What does the group recommend in terms of sandpaper: emery cloth,
wet and dry (is there a difference?)
2) What grades would cover most work
3) What width rolls?
4) I?d like some slip and sharpening stones and have been recommended
Norton brand medium and fine Indian stone ? is that the reddish/brown
5) I remember a discussion about diamond hones a few months back ? any
6) Any brands recommended/to be avoided?
Help much appreciated