Arboga U2508 help

Hi all,

delurking in the hope of getting some help and advice.

Ive had this Arboga Mill/Drill for a little while, but it got buried in the shed behind other stuff until recently. Pictures can be seen at: (I've never posted a link on Google groups before, so I hope it will work. Copy and paste it into your browser if not.)

It's missing a chuck and the retaining nut for it. Arboga's UK agent can supply, but the prices quoted would cure constipation in even the most difficult cases :-).

I'd love to get it running.

Can anyone help?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

post here

couple of guys...holland ,germany. look to that same machine ..

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

I sold a very similar one to this last year. Mine looked older though. I recall that it didnt have a drawbar to hold a milling chuck securely in the MT3 taper spindle. As mine was only used for one continual job, the clarkson was "pushed" in "very hard" so it wouldnt work its way out. Not ideal if you ever planned to remove it !!! stood years of plunge milling the edge of a circular stainless job. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I`ve got one,but don`t use it for milling.I think John S has/had a drawing of the nut and washer.Failing that one of the guys on the forum that the other Mark refers to made his own nut.I`ll see if I can find you a direct link. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Arthur,have a read through the messages on this link.

Mark.

Reply to
mark

Arthur,I`m afraid that link does not take you direct to the messages I cut and pasted either.If you click that link and go to the Deckel forum and scroll back through the posts you will find the Arboga ones. here`s a link to Tony`s page with some general info on these machines.

mark

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

the pipeline now. I'll let you know how

I have one of these machines though not sure if it is the earlier type or later type. Mine came with a Clarkson chuck and unfortunately no collets. I purchased a Chinese chuck and collet set and shrunk a collar onto the chuck then turned a groove in the collar to take a large C washer, whole lot is held in with the retaining nut. Chinese chuck is no match for a Clarkson but is adequate for me. If you want I can post a few pics of the whole setup. Regards Zenon

Reply to
Ace

A very kind offer, thank you. You can't post pictures on this group, as it's a text only group. If you email them to me, I can put them up on webshots and post a link so everyone can see them.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin