Blasting pots

Anyone built their own sand / grit blasting pot?
Looking arround at the enormous price of commercial blasting pots of
the 25 - 50 kg media capacity they seem to be hugely expensive for
what looks to be a relatively simple device. I would have thought
with a bit of thought and care they could be hand crafted.
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Aaahhggghh, spit, gargle, spit again. damn gritty kippers................
Reply to
John Stevenson
...ah but it gets the scales off nicely !!
Just got a bit of construction plant & equipment that will be cleaned & resprayed when I've finished with it, before paying it back into the ebay recycling bank.
Used Clemco units seem to go for up to £500 which is pretty pricey for a beefed up dustbin !
AWEM
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Nothing wrong with that. Just looked on the hire Co site and found out that a 6HP shredder cost £120 per week or £60 per weekend. Bought one off Ebay for £140 a while ago so that doesn't owe anything by the time you have taken the diesel out for the tip.
Looking round for a whacker plate at the moment, Mother in Law is leaving a bulge in the lawn.................
Reply to
John Stevenson
thought
cleaned
anything
I've got a Wacker DPU 2440F diesel forward / reverse plate that weighs in at 144Kgs that is one of the bits of plant that will be re-cycled eventually - if you can collect and return you are very welcome to borrow it for a week or two but I'll need it for re-laying the workshop floor.
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Thanks for the offer Andrew but it's for a job that will be done in stages hence a long rental period or keep taking back.
Experience has shown if you need to rent more than twice it's cost effective to buy. I once rented a mag drill for a weekend to do some mods in a company when they were closed down. £75.00 for the weekend, then they had me back a couple of weeks later just to do another mod, another £75.00. A month lather they called again, I managed to buy a secondhand one in time for £300 but really it had cost £450.
I still have it and when I was doing site work I charged it out at £75 which is what I would have had to pay.
Reply to
John Stevenson
message
expensive
re-cycled
Yes, I bought a s/h one years ago to drill the rsjs all my washing machines are bolted to. I was doing the job in three shops as and when time allowed, but always over night as I still had a day job then. Hiring would have been a pain. I only get it out occassionally but when I do I never regret having bought it!
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
So you will be depleting the world's supply of mothers-in-law then?
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
Talking of hiring vs buying, has anyone got a hot water pressure washer or industrial steam cleaner they want to get rid of?
A friend of mine needs to clean off rubberised paint covering the brickwork that some numpty painted all over the exterior walls of an old farmhouse he just moved into.
An ordinary pressure washer is doing the job, but extremely slowly, and when he looked into the cost of buying a new hot water washer they are all around £1700. As the job is going to take an awful lot of weekends he is trying to buy a second hand one instead of hiring.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Point him here:
Charles Lamont
Ask if he's tried a rotary nozzle on his cold water washer. They really do work wonders in the right circumstances.
Tim
Reply to
Tim Leech