B Series Chuck Body Tapers (DIN)

For some time I have noticed that some drill chucks had tapers specified a "B" numbers i.e. B10, B12....... instead of the more usual JT (Jacobs Taper). I was interested to discover the spec. of these tapers, and did far amount of Googling without success. Some time later I visited the Jacobs site for interest and came across the information somewhat hidden on their site - not the first place to look for details of a "rival" taper.

At the bottom of the page is "Technical Information: Download.pdf"

For general interest the Din B tapers are base on part of a Morse taper. e.g.. B10 & B12 are based on the small & large ends respectively. Hope the reference will be of some help/interest

Regards Brian

Reply to
brian

Thanks for posting that, I've got a chuck with a 3/4"-16 thread that I thought was an oddity; now I know it's a standard Jacob's mounting I may be able to find an arbour for it. That's also the only place I've seen the ISO and BT taper dimensions before, everywhere I've looked before links back to the ISO standard that you have to pay silly money for. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow