Compressed Air

Hi, Do you need any safety certificates etc to store compressed air at

100-105psi in a tank designed to hold 110psi? Thanks
Reply to
Michael

Your insurers will need an annual inspection/test certificate, and may restrict insurance cover if they don't have them. Pressure vessels have specific requirements to cover such things, talk to your insurance broker.

Domestic items may have concessions if the storage cylinder is below a certain size.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Thanks Peter. It is only a small air tank for a model, but someone said I needed a certificate so I just wanted to it out.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Mmmmmm!

I have various Diving cyls holding upto 300bar. and upto 15l Insurance co.aren't bothered and the test interval is every 2.5 years[visual] an every 5 years [hydrostatic] and that is only to cert them fit for filling. Same applies to Air rifle bottles I believe.

Reply to
Clive Dive