Motor Woes

Bugger.
The motor in my Maho mill has gone puff (2.HP, two speed 1400/700rpm) I don't suppose anyone has a redundant two speed 3 phase motor from a
Colchester Bantam or Student that needs a new home?
Failing that a decent rewinder might be handy
Thanks
Charles

What caused it,do you think?
Mark.
There`s an Asea 2 x speed on ebat but it`s not. :-).

Own stupid fault I'm afraid. I use a static converter with a 3HP idler motor to balance the phase voltages. And guess who forgot to switch on the idler....
Charles
.

Old age I suppose.They`ll be calling you grumpy next. :-) I know what JS will call you and the first word`s Stupid...
Mark.

He can call me that if he can help solve the problem!
Charles
These are still available but far too fast.There`s an inverter for them too,but it`s 415v in.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,18667.0.html

Incorrect, it's Clumsy Bastard.
I'll make a few phone calls, forget the rewinding, you are looking at 200 minimum.
John S.
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:28:43 -0800 (PST), Charles p

Got a single speed 1400 rpm 2hp 3ph motor you can have, but you'd need a VFD/Inverter to get the lower speed. An Inverter might be cheaper than the cost of a two speed motor. Don't know the cost of a commercial rewind (John S. Probably has friends in the trade).
I'm going to rewind a 1/6hp motor myself between now and Crimble, but that's because I'm cussed...
Regards Mark Rand RTFM
"Mark Rand" wrote in message wrote:

--

Charles,

when you have sourced a replacement motor might it be an idea to hardwire

Better still fit a line contactor after the idler.

Trust me. After this escapade I'll never, ever forget again. Clumsy bastard is only the start of what I called myself.
After a bit of looking around I've learnt a few that speed motors are rare and my Colchester lathe spares special breaker isn't able to sell second hand electrical components.
Charles

get him to swap it for something he wants.
--
mick

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 06:43:49 -0800 (PST), Charles p

Get him to agree that you're buying the motor for the bearings :-)
Mark Rand RTFM

There was an Alexander Toolmaster motor on Ebat a couple of weeks back.Don`t think it sold.Might be worth doing a search.
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:28:43 -0800 (PST), Charles p

Seems to be someone in your neck of the woods looking for one on your homeworkshop site :-)
Mark Rand RTFM

With luck he'll find 2, and offer you the spare ;)
Dave
dave sanderson wrote:

Are you clairvoyant Dave?
Bob
On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:29:11 +0000, Bob Minchin
Clair who??
Regards, Tony