A wot do you call it question

Once had a set of tee shaped thingos for getting internal measurements, the cross section was spring loaded and once you put it inside object you twisted handle so it locked and then you could measure with mike. Can't remember name of tool to enter into google or ebay.

Reply to
F Murtz

Telescopic bore gauge.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Thanks.:)

Reply to
F Murtz

I've never had much luck with cheapish versions of these -- could never get consistent measurements, and one started to not lock after a short while. Very frustrating.

I bought an inside micrometer from Chronos £29.95, excellent results, and I expect it to last a lifetime. This and another micrometer the next size up ( 1" - 2" ) covers 99% of my bore measuring, All the best, Peter W.

Reply to
Peter