Old lathe

Hi, Does someone recognize this lathe by any chance? I am digging through all of them at www.lathes.co.uk. A shortcut would be very helpfull ;-) The label
says Stokvis Rotterdam, but I somehow have the idea it's UK or US made. http://link.marktplaats.nl/212028365 Best regards, Dirk

It's Freddy mk1 ..built in Bedrock circa . 6000 - 2500 BC :)
Dont know if thats' a screw cutting gearbox or not ...if it is, that's about all its got going for it ....good welding lathe ?
all the best.markj
Dirk PG1D wrote:

Tool post is a UK pattern rather than US but other than that I have no idea. It looks a bit lightweight- rather long & thin and nothing much to stop it twisting.
Bob
On or around Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:40:09 +0000, Bob Minchin

I expect it's fairly large, and thus stiffer than it looks.
bericht enlightened us thusly:

Comparison permitted, the antique Stokvis "Imperator" tabletop drillpress I have is a tough beast. So heavy that I had to dismantle it to get it up on the bench. 150 Euro's is almost scrapp iron priced ;-) Dirk
Dirk PG1D wrote:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/
Lists Atelier-Stokvis as a known manufacturer. Maybe you should try contacting the site owner.
--
Dave Baker

Thanks all for your comments. Dirk

I think Stokvis is a pretty common Dutch/Flemish name. I the early 80's I had dealings with a Belgian firm by the name that was a machinery importer.
(I remember as if it were yesterday [except I feel better now] our much relieved agent Yves taking me out to lunch after the sorry tale was finally signed off by Ford, and then having to attempt to get my hire car back to Brussels airport in one piece.)
--
Charles Lamont