Old lathe

Hi,
Does someone recognize this lathe by any chance? I am digging through all of
them at
A shortcut would be very helpfull ;-) The label
says Stokvis Rotterdam, but I somehow have the idea it's UK or US made.
regards,
Dirk
Reply to
Dirk PG1D
made.http://link.marktplaats.nl/212028365> Best regards,
It's Freddy mk1 ..built in Bedrock circa . 6000 - 2500 BC :)
Dont know if thats' a screw cutting gearbox or not ...if it is, that's about all its got going for it ....good welding lathe ?
all the best.markj
Reply to
mark
Tool post is a UK pattern rather than US but other than that I have no idea. It looks a bit lightweight- rather long & thin and nothing much to stop it twisting.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
Lists Atelier-Stokvis as a known manufacturer. Maybe you should try contacting the site owner.
Reply to
Dave Baker
"Dave Baker" schreef in bericht news:ghud82$4s3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...
Thanks all for your comments. Dirk
Reply to
Dirk PG1D
I think Stokvis is a pretty common Dutch/Flemish name. I the early 80's I had dealings with a Belgian firm by the name that was a machinery importer.
(I remember as if it were yesterday [except I feel better now] our much relieved agent Yves taking me out to lunch after the sorry tale was finally signed off by Ford, and then having to attempt to get my hire car back to Brussels airport in one piece.)
Reply to
Charles Lamont
On or around Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:40:09 +0000, Bob Minchin enlightened us thusly:
I expect it's fairly large, and thus stiffer than it looks.
Reply to
Austin Shackles
"Austin Shackles" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Comparison permitted, the antique Stokvis "Imperator" tabletop drillpress I have is a tough beast. So heavy that I had to dismantle it to get it up on the bench. 150 Euro's is almost scrapp iron priced ;-) Dirk
Reply to
Dirk PG1D