Part-built 3 1/2" Ivy Hall

I'm not in the 3 1/2" circles, and I have this for disposal. (Inherited, not made by me)

There is a running chassis, a part-built boiler, copper to make up the rest of the boiler, and a set of ME (c1955) covering the construction.

There is also a plastic tray with a number of other components such as the brake handle.

What is a realistic value for this; I noted that someone is asking =A3150 just for the loco castings alone?

Reply to
Pierian Spring

Well, I hate to say it... but stick it on ebay and see what it fetches. Some of these part finished items bring in silly money on eBay. I would stick a low start (=A31 or so) and a reserve of =A3100'ish and see where it goes.

That =A3100 might be low... but without seeing the quality of what's there .. and the other items ... can't tell.

Just a suggestion for a starting point.

BTW .. someone may be 'asking' 150 for the castings ... that doesn't mean that they will sell them at that. Depends on their condition, original quality (where sourced), and whether or not someone has already attempted to machine them (possibly butchered with no real value at all).

My twa'appence worth .. for all it's worth.

IanB

Reply to
ticktock

Reply to
Pierian Spring

So you don't have a bank account ?????

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

ITTA

Peter

Peter A Forbes

ITCTA

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Reply to
radio.ham

OBIH

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

TFT

Reply to
Steve

hi

my son is interested in building an engine. He has become very good with lathe at age 16.

Could you let me know more details and whereabouts you are in the country.

thanks

john

Reply to
jweddup

If it is his skill and not yours, it may be that 3 1/2" gauge is not the way to go. I'd be very happy for your to have the kit, but you'd be better advised to join your local Model Engineering society first - down here in Moonrakershire we have two - one is based on 5" and 7 1/2 " gauges, and the other is really 5" gauge although the club track does have a (rough-riding!) capability for 3 1/2 " gauge.

It seems to me that the majority of clubs these days major in 5" gauge and I'd certainly advise anybody to seriously consider that gauge first. 3 1/2 " gauge seems to be a thing of the past, although there is some interest there.

The advantage of 5" gauge is that there's no shortage of tracks to be a guest engine driver on. Just along the road in Bath, there's at least 2!

Feel free to email.

snipped-for-privacy@bt> hi

Reply to
Pierian Spring