Sharpening taps and dies

Is this possible by hand/difficult/easy with a Quorn? Any tips for hand sharpening, as I don't have a Quorn?
Thanx
-- Peter Fairbrother

It's possible with a Dremel. For dies run a ball stone inside the chip holes, for taps grind the wall of the gullet under the tapered cutting edge with a cylindrical stone.
My surface grinder is a Delta Toolmaker, with a tilting and swiveling wheel head that Prof. Chaddock may have copied:
http://media.tedslist.com/006/726/82726/55350.jpg
The patent drawings are dated 1942. It isn't the best design for grinding mirror-smooth surfaces, but it's versatile.
I don't have a sliding collet tool holder as nice as the Quorn's so I regrind the taper of large second-hand taps between centers on a swivel table. The resulting flat relief hasn't been a problem so far. It could be done in two steps like an end mill to reduce the relief angle behind the edge but still have clearance.
jsw