Please give me a information about longbchain branch(LCB) of PE

Dear All

Why will the polymer with LCB induce considerabl vortex flow past contraction? Whereas HDPE melt with a linear chain flows in a regular manner.

Would you please explaining this phenomenon?

thanks a lot

Reply to
hyh

I believe it is related to the molecular weight distribution rather than the polymer structure. The branched polymer most likely has the higher MWD.

Reply to
Frank