What surface treatment for PET film

My supplier doesn't deal with film much and is not sure about what surface treatment I need. Without any treatment, I guess the film sort of grabs when passed over itself. Other than that, I need a 2 mil crystal clear general purpose PET film. I use it in anything from book jacket covers to home built high voltage DC capacitors. Most of it will be used in a product I'm going to try to market.

On an industrial scale, in need only a small amount, around $1,000 - 2,000 (us) worth, hopefully at a very reasonable price. Anyone know a supplier that will talk to me? Anyone know of a reasonable price so I can compare?

Thanks!

Reply to
SimonLW

"Slip agents" can be used to help the film slide past itself and through high speed processing machinery, but such agents are death to capacitors.

Either a distributor or a film converter should be able to help you. The distributor will charge you full price (i.e., the price of the manufacturer + their own margin) while the converter may be able to cut you some slack if they have stuff left over from a run or something that was misordere and can't be returned because it was custom slit or because ...

Can you get by with polypropylene film instead? It is cheaper. It is not as clear, but is it not hazy.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what slip agents are used? Thanks

Reply to
SimonLW

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what slip agents are used? Thanks

Reply to
SimonLW

Amides are very common, and to a lesser extent silicones can be used. Every compounder has their own secret recipe, so unless you are will to spend some mony. Given the budget you've outlined above, it certainly would not be economical.