Angular Deflection...

Anyone know how to get Mechanica Structure to give you an angle of deflection? If you put in a cylindrical coordinate system, it seems that the deflections are still in mm.

Seems like the new computed measures (WF2) could fix this (If you have a constant radius), but maybe I'm missing a more obvious solution.

Thanks!

-meld

Reply to
meld_b

: "meld_b" wrote : Anyone know how to get Mechanica Structure to give you an angle of : deflection? If you put in a cylindrical coordinate system, it seems that : the deflections are still in mm. : : Seems like the new computed measures (WF2) could fix this (If you have a : constant radius), but maybe I'm missing a more obvious solution. : With a cylindrical cs, you get r, theta and z (radius, angle and height above/below z). Maybe the problem is a radius, not an angle or something to measure these against or non-planar curves?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes