90 Degree Joint Maths

Hi,

I'm using a type of joint on a model submarine to vector thrust in two planes that is essentially one 45degree elbow bolted onto another and wondered if it has a common name/purpose in Robotics so I could research it further? The idea is that by rotating one X degrees and the other Y degrees you can vector the thrust in any direction....

Looks a bit like this:

Cheers,

Michael

Reply to