calculate needed motorpower / -torque?

Hello everyone.
I'm an electronics guy, trying to build a robot. Unfortunately, I never learned a lot about mechanics, and this appears to be
a problem.
My current problem is: How can I calculate the Power and Torque requirements for my motors? What are the formulas, and what do I have to take into account (or keep in mind)
Google doesn't seem to help me much on my quest! Are there any good websites on mechanics / kinematics or robotics in general? preferably with lots of tutorials / howto's :-)
Thanks in advance! Grtz, Lorenzo
Lorenzo Dieryckx wrote:

Here are lots of formulas. The answer is propably somewhere hidden among it :-) Sorry i can't be more specific. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

--
Email address: hihihi wanadoo nl
Replace the spaces with @ and .

be
Lorenzo Dieryckx wrote:

I'd suggest two books:
1. Building Robot Drive Trains 2. Build Your Own All-Terrain Robot
Both are published by McGraw-Hill. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /