stepper motor or else ?

Folks,
I have a problem to solve that seems to be an average robotics type of an issue (but I am a newbie)
In the robotics project I am involved in, there is a platform that
needs to be rotated to a certain angle and it needs to stay there. The thing that makes it a little different are some of the requirements: - the amount of torque needed is something like 60 Nm to make it turn. - while it has reached a new position, it needs to stay at the same location even though there is some small torque (say 6 Nm) to push it back to the initial position. There is no need for rapid turns. - the device needs to be initially commanded through an R/C system, but then as the same system grows it needs to be commanded by a computer on the robot eventually.
I was thinking of something like the RoboteQ AX 2500 (http://www.roboteq.com/products.shtml ), but it looks like it is only for DC motors, and in that case, I guess I would need to do some control and then I would also need a brake to make it stay at the same location.
What are my options ?
Thanks in advance,
Jake.
Why don't you use an R/C servo motor?
Take a look here:
http://www.merlotti.com/EngHome/Computing/software.htm Look of PICMicro Servo Controller
Padu
Because I do not know of any servo motors that can handle 60 Nm of torque.
Jake.