IP Motor 9203 from Aviosys

--------------------------

(Web enabled stepping motor)

I wonder if I am the first customer! The hardware is first class but the documentation is useless.

The control via a browser works OK but I want to use VB

Has anyone got one going using Visual Basic?

None of their demo .exe programs work with my Win2000 system.

Reply to
Frank

Hi,

Your right the documentation is really bad, the translation could do with alot of work on it.

It looks as it an activeX/ocx needs to be installed before the demo programs will work. Try installing the SDK then try again. What error do you get when you start the demo program?

If your looking for a DIY solution have a look at my web cam controller. It's based on a atmel mega8515/NE2000 network card and about 3.5Kb bascom code. It only supports UDP but that's enough for driving a VFD and several servos/led's.

Regards Ian Dobson

Home of the Atmel based UDP mobile web cam

mails scanned with av-filter.pl (F-Prot / perl)

"Frank" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com...

Reply to
yxyx

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:08:47 +0100, yxyx wrote (in message ):

I love your Webam software - you have done exactly what I want to do. (I have done similar with two servos and a special "serial in - 16 servos out" chip and a PC with Visual basic)

Have you published the detail of your system hardware and software - especially the java control screen? I do not see it on your web site after a quick look. I will publish my own projects soon for debates like this.

My Aviosys stepper control works with the web page that it serves.

Have you got any of their .exe programs to run? (those that they say were produced by their VB and C source code examples)

None of the .exe demos work on my Win2000 system with full VB6 installed. The lights on the boards flash but not in the regular pattern you see when the web page controls the rotation. The motor buzzes a bit then after two tries with different delay times the programs all crash.

I have just received a Siteplayer module from Totalrobotics (Ethernet in to serial data out with complex graphical web server). I will control my servo chip with it (I hope).

Reply to
Frank