Measuring torque?

Gordon McComb wrote: : Are you wanting to provide R/C-type pulses to the Victor controller? You : can do that with a 555, for example. Or you can have the Stamp provide : the pulses, using PULSOUT. (Am I understanding your question?) --Correctamundo. Figured out how to do what I want it to do a couple of days ago; chapter 4 of the Parallax book "What's a Microcontroller?" covers it. Took a *lot* less programming than I had feared. Now I can control rotation speed and direction with a *tiny* pot. Next step will be to do something a little more robust that can survive a "real world" situation, then build it into the art car.

: I'd be surprised that Victor doesn't provide some insight on this, as : their controllers were heavily used during the combat robot craze, and : people were adapting them for all sorts of applications. --Yeah, that's where I got mine; salvaged from a middleweight that never saw combat, thanks to the big-ass lawsuit between RW and BB. Now all I got to do is figure out a few more projects, to use my three remaining Victors! :-)

Reply to
steamer

I figured you'd have some hardware left over. I've wondered what you ever did with those huge omniwheels from KillerB. Somehow I never pictured a Bolo using these...

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

--Killer B is still intact, malingering in Chuck's garage last I heard.. I've got a good selection of Omnis in a box somewhere. They're neat, but IMO not suited for the battlebox. I think the most reliable system is nothing more than a tailskid, heh. --Bolo, eh? Guess you saw my website; the one that died a'borning, just as the "sport" was killed by a bunch of 'suits'.

Reply to
steamer

I've followed your bots for a while. I think the killerbotz.org site also made it into my Robotics Sourcebook.

I have a science fiction writer friend that I've known since high school that's contributed a couple stories to the "new" Bolo books. Both of us were big Laumer fans.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb