NASA Mars Rover's First Soil Analysis Yields Surprises

"Jerry Petrey @raytheon.com>" <"jdpetrey<NOSPAM> wrote in message

Well, there's a difference between caution and bureaucracy. I used to work for a major NASA contractor too, and can say there's a 99% probability the snail's pace was due to the latter and not the former.
Rick

fact that a cautious approach is the

morning quarterback and say they

what they had at risk. Having worked

possible but there are overriding

place for humans to land their machine

Well, if they can't get it back on-line, it's a moot point.

If they wait too long, a dust storm will come up and cover the solar panels.
--
Guy Macon, Electronics Engineer & Project Manager for hire.
Remember Doc Brown from the _Back to the Future_ movies? Do you

day.
improvement.
fantastic
can
It takes a lot to get a rover there. I think the cautious approach is a bit more responsible then throwing the damned teenagers the keys and saying, there you go kids, have fun!
<snip>

great
Sounds like excuses. Perhaps the experience wasn't broken out into equations and known constants, and that is why the engineer was having a hard time?

Yea. You're right. This is getting boring.
Hand me the remote, will you? I think there's something good on the Pluto Channel tonite.

the
improvement.
Obviously, you have never conducted scientific research. If you did then you would know that to get valid results takes time, a lot of time. The rovers will be active for months. Give them a break will you? Can you do better?

I was being facetious, and attempting to poke a bit of fun at the prior poster's impatience.
But I guess you didn't get it.
Oh well.

lose
Pluto