Floppy Disk Drives

Has any one hacked a floppy disk drive for the steeper motors and there drivers. Looking for info on these devices.

Has any one hacked the motors and drivers used in a floppy disk drive. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:08:49 GMT, "L. E. Powell"

Having google search for the words floppy drive stepper brings up a lot of sites.
L. E. Powell wrote:

------------------- Hook the drive up to a set of pull-up resistors with pull-down switches on them, and control it manually, and start disconnecting things to find out where the driver circuit is. Remove the drive board and the stepper and make them execise on the table, and start removing things.
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!

Check out:
http://www.taomc.com/bits2bots /
HTH Steve

http://www.generation5.org/content/2001/floppy.asp
I did the project outlined on this site... worked kinda ok.... bot was pretty weak, only would run on smooth level floors, but maybe that's just because of the kind of drive I used....
L. E. Powell wrote:

Spamming the newsgroup won't get your question answered.

Be kind. He's probably just another victim of MS Outlook Express.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Using MS Outlook Express should be considered even more of a crime than spamming newsgroups. :) Why would anyone purposefully subject themselves to the client with which it is virtually impossible to avoid virii?

I hear ya. For so many victims er ah people the observation that [blank] software is a MS product means that it must be the best (after all, look at how big and successful MS is) and anyone who tries to convince them otherwise is, ipso facto, either a liar or a fool or both. <sigh>
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA