3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Question

Hello,
I am looking for information on what the pins on a standard IDE 3.5" floppy disk drive do. That is, I know that pin 20 is "Step Pulse", pin 22 is
"Write Data", pin 8 is "Index", etc., but I cannot find information on what the pin's functions are. I need the information so I can build a circuit that can read/write data from/to the drive. I've have looked all over the place for the information, including the Internet and a major research library but I have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows what the pins on a standard IDE 3.5 inch floppy disk drive do or could offer any advice on any resource to check, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any help.
Thanks, Scott H.
Uhm...
Just get a controller chip and use that... it's why they exist.
BTW, most of the pin labels are pretty self explanetory. "Step Pulse" is a pulse telling the drive to step the head. "Index" pulses when the index hole makes one revolution, etc.

floppy
is
on what

circuit
over the

research
on a

on any

advance for

floppy
what
any
for
This is what came out of google in less than a minute:
http://www.lysator.liu.se/amiga/hard/guide/A4000Hardware.guide?Internal%20Floppy%20Connector%20Pin-Outs
http://wonkity.com/~wblock/a4000hard/connpins.html
Good luck,
HiJaak!
PS: The Amiga interface is the same as the PC interface.