Question 2 - Universal magnetics Inc

As part of the gear hobbing project, I need to pick up a pulse rate generated by the hob axis. I have a Universal Magnetics Inc
DC servo motor which I think came from an 8" floppy disk drive many years ago. (Nowadays if I had such a drive, I'd hang on to it like gold dust!).
It appears to have some form of tacho or encoder firmly affixed to the rear end, but with no sign of being able to open it to examine to see whether it is a tacho or an opto.
Any clues?

Answering my own question after a bit of judicious hacking with a modeller's knife and jeweller's screwdrivers to prise off the cover, therein is a slotted disk with an optical diode/transistor pair, which is just what the doctor ordered!.
Now to gingerly count up how many slots there are ...