R/C Receiver to H Bridge

Could some kind soul point me to a circuit, which will take the PWM output from an R/C Receiver and drive a 24V 1A motor allowing both forward & reverse and full proportion control. I am not looking for a circuit which requires a PIC chip or some other programmable device, but a simple circuit built up from discrete componentry.

Regards, Murray McKenzie

Reply to
Imagineering Unlimited

Have you tried

? I got 47,400 hits to look at if I wanted. To help you out here is the search text I used, "rc receiver 24 volt motor controller". The first one I saw offhand is this one, of course it doesn't do "true full proportional", it breaks it into 128 steps from 1 to 2ms.
none of the RC servos or RC speed controls really do full proportional either, some do up to 1024 steps. But then you do not have to learn how to program a MCU to do this either.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

Thanks Earl, I was hoping that someone could point me at a circuit straight away instead of trolling through all the hits on Google - Just lazy I guess.

Reply to
Imagineering Unlimited

Imagineering Unlimited. Energy very Limited.

Just kidding.

Reply to
Paul

Life is too short to build bad circuits (or chase round the 'net for 'em).

Reply to
Imagineering Unlimited

Well I pointed you to one circuit example. I suppose you'd want us to buy all the parts, and build it for you too. Imagineering Unlimited, I think you need to live up to your name a little more.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

Well,

I consider us (C.R.M. denizens) as a means of knowing which answers that google may or may not provide to be the best answer. Sure there are 10^36 hits for a search, but has one of us tried it?

If we all chose, we could document everything we ever did on our own web pages and let google act as an intermediary. As it is, we let C.R.M. do that. Therefore, I do not have a problem with most "googlable" questions posted here.

Mike

Reply to
blueeyedpop

Look at Vantec Electronic Speed Controllers.

-- D. Jay Newman

Reply to
D. Jay Newman