Robo-One 8th opening "dream and impression, and leap"

I am considering going to the Robo-One event at Hida Earth Wisdom Center September 17th - 18th. Since this is a huge trip (not only getting to
Japan in the first place, but also getting to Hida is another six hours) I'd like to know if anyone on this list went to one of their events, and what exactly will be happening there, so I can figure out if it is worth the effort.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.robo-one.com%2f8th%2fF_ROBO-ONE8th.htm
I speak no Japanese whatsoever. I would like to bring my own Biped, maybe even have it participate (if that is not too late) and learn from others how to improve my humanoids.
I would like to take lots of pictures and exchange ideas and experiences. How open are folks there? Do some speak English?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Matt.