Smooth, adjustable, continuous airflow for wind instrument playing robot

Hello,
Does any body in this group has experience in music playing robots? I would like to brain storm with those interested in music playing
robots. In this particular discussion I want to ask your opinion how to generate smooth, adjustable, continuous airflow for wind instrument (like flute, recorder, sax) for a hypothetical music playing robot.
Also would you like to comment on the following questions;
How to generate air flow/ wind (not to much, not so little) quietly? How to modulate the air flow? (quietly) How to switch on/off? (quietly) How to make an artificial lips? How to make an fingers and how to drive them quietly?
Thanks,
Roberto
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

not I

Oh indeed

A compressor outside the building Maybe a fan in the next room

A pinch valve

Aforementioned pinch valve Drive it with a cable and put the motor in the next room

naaah...stick to stuff that can be played without lips

naaah...just use solenoids to drive the keys hard to get a half open key tho

i think you could make a wind instrument playing robot...but it would not be a humanoid
more like an instrument with valves & sensors & stuff hanging off it connected to a computer

Dear "Fulliautomatix",
Thank you for your reply.
PS. I do have NO intension try to make a humanoid (in fact I certainly prefer the player robot/automaton not to have human like appearance).
Regards,
Roberto
    --Hey are you thinking of controlling a wind instrument? If so you might want to check out Bryan Mumford's "Puny Tune" machine which plays an occarina. I've got the first iteration of the machine in my shop, but the second one Bryan built is really elegant. Wind is supplied by 3 bicycle pumps which are run by a camshaft that is hand-cranked. When pressure reaches a certain volume an elastic membrane (innertube stretched over a piece of PVC pipe) trips a microswitch that opens a solenoid valve and lets the machine play an occarina. Photos here: http://www.bmumford.com/craft/puny/player.html
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Before the last "election"
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a fifty was a twenty...