Using SP12 over Serial connection instead of Parallel?

Hi all,

Sorry if this is OT, but as I'm building a robot it seemed to make sense ;)

I've been using SP12

program an ATMega16 in circuit, however, I've bought a new PC that doesn't have a parallel port - instead its got lots of Serial ports -- has any modified SP12 to program over serial? It appears it would be possible, as the programmer only users a handfull of connections.

Regards,

Andy Neillans

Reply to
Andrew Neillans

Hi,

If you've got loads of serial ports why not write/use a serial boot loader?

Or go have a look at

(ponyprog) there's also a version with a serial port connection under

Regards Ian Dobson

Home of the Atmel based UDP mobile web cam

mails scanned with av-filter.pl (F-Prot / perl)

"Andrew Neillans" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ian dobson