Using SP12 over Serial connection instead of Parallel?

Hi all,
Sorry if this is OT, but as I'm building a robot it seemed to make sense ;)
I've been using SP12 (http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/e-spider_prog.html )
to program an ATMega16 in circuit, however, I've bought a new PC that doesn't have a parallel port - instead its got lots of Serial ports -- has any modified SP12 to program over serial? It appears it would be possible, as the programmer only users a handfull of connections.
Regards,
Andy Neillans
Hi,
If you've got loads of serial ports why not write/use a serial boot loader?
Or go have a look at http://www.lancos.com/prog.html (ponyprog) there's also a version with a serial port connection under http://www.lancos.com/siprogsch.html
Regards Ian Dobson
Home of the Atmel based UDP mobile web cam http://www.planet-ian.com All mails scanned with av-filter.pl (F-Prot / perl)