Where is a good source of parts technical information

I want to get started (I am desiging my first bot now) in designing and building some bots, but being a complete 'techno-gizmo-engineer-computer-nerd-WANNA-BE', I like to draw stuff out on paper and in CAD apps before I start physically assembling something.

What other good sources of technical information, mainly highly detailed drawings with dimensions, etc. are there for specifically motors of various sizes. I have found a wealth of technical info from Digi-Key (electronic components), Small Parts (for small gears, rods, belts & pulleys), Lynxmotion and and places like that.

But what about motors? Is there a source of non-surplus motors, in a wide range of sizes, that includes a large amount of technical info, like mounting dimensions/patterns/templates as well as basic motor/shaft sizes?

I know it may seem a bit ... uhhh ... 'anal' ... but I get into designing I think more than physically assembling (it's the artist in me).

Just wondering.

JR

Reply to
Anonymous

Some companies to look at for motors:

MicroMo: Almost limitless range of sizes, and they cost a lot. Globe: More large sizes, but still lots. Portescap:Like MicroMo, plenty expensive.

I'm sure there are many more.

Reply to
Alan Kilian

sells a nice line of motors with full specs.
has some as well

Barry

Anonymous wrote in news:300920032200354393% snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net:

Reply to