Where is a good source of parts technical information

I want to get started (I am desiging my first bot now) in designing and building some bots, but being a complete 'techno-gizmo-engineer-computer-nerd-WANNA-BE', I like to draw stuff
out on paper and in CAD apps before I start physically assembling something.
What other good sources of technical information, mainly highly detailed drawings with dimensions, etc. are there for specifically motors of various sizes. I have found a wealth of technical info from Digi-Key (electronic components), Small Parts (for small gears, rods, belts & pulleys), Lynxmotion and and places like that.
But what about motors? Is there a source of non-surplus motors, in a wide range of sizes, that includes a large amount of technical info, like mounting dimensions/patterns/templates as well as basic motor/shaft sizes?
I know it may seem a bit ... uhhh ... 'anal' ... but I get into designing I think more than physically assembling (it's the artist in me).
Just wondering.
JR
Some companies to look at for motors:
MicroMo: Almost limitless range of sizes, and they cost a lot. Globe: More large sizes, but still lots. Portescap:Like MicroMo, plenty expensive.
I'm sure there are many more.
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Bioinformatics Applications Director, TimeLogic Corporation