F or G glider motors

What is the best bet now for a low-impulse F or G motor? I have the Aerotech Phoenix rocket glider kit, which comes with an Aerotech 32/60-100 casing. Until Aerotech resumes production, does anyone know of a source still selling old F-12/G-12-RCT loads? Failing that, would it be realistic to use an F12J without the ejection charge? Or maybe reengineer the motor mount to take two F12's and airstart the second?

Reply to
Christopher Biow

Please describe the glider you have in mind.

If it is something like the Aerotech Phoenix, or otherwise strong enough, you could use an F25 expendable (which would be sort of close to the 32mm F23SK load, without the post-burn smoke trail). I've found F25's in stock at some sites, such as Magnum.

If it is a weaker glider and/or you want a longer burn, Apogee had 100 F10's made up earlier this year. Possibly they still have some. The F10 is pretty close to the same thurst curve as the 32mm F13/G12 relaods, just it's mid-range in N-sec (about 80 N-sec) compared to the F13 and G12.

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

Ellis Mountain has an interesting looking G20-3 motor...

Reply to
Andy Eng

Yes, that's the one!

Since the Phoenix is rated for a 12-newton engine, I imagine I'd want to try that first before a 25. Would there be any particular part of the glider I should strengthen or more carefully align if I'm intending to over-power it?

That does look perfect, but they seem to be out of everything. I've subscribed to their newsletter, so I'll know when Aerotech makes another set. I think I will look at a dual motor-mount mod so that I can use an air-start second engine.

Thanks!

Reply to
Christopher Biow