Latest sitings at Wally World

While I was shopping on Walmart a couple of day ago I saw Super Soakers
version of the Dude. Like all Super Soakers it was powered by dangerous, and
unregulated dihydrogen oxide. I had an earlier Super Soaker rocket, one
that was based on a 2 liter soda bottle. It was hard to get the right fuel
to air mixture. Any body tried the latest version ?
Reply to
John Karpich
I wonder if anybody knows or cares that a Super Soaker rocket like this contains more than 8.45 fl oz of dihydrogen oxide is considered a HPR!? WHo made that silly rule up?
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
Nope, nobody cares. That's because it's dihydrogen monoxide, silly, not dihydrogen oxide...
David Erbas-White
Reply to
David Erbas-White
Bruce Kelly.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Don't you know? It's for Fire Prevention purposes, of course! (Now, I doubt that any of the water rocket fanatics _or_ the fire marshals are going to notice that the rule exists... what does it say about us that we did?)
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
Read FAR 101. I don't see any exemptions for water rockets or any mention of 8.45 fluid ounces.
Shhhhhh. Don't wake the elephant in the living room.
But the FAA doesn't care about anything that stays below general "treetop level" and I guess 100 feet meets that unwritten criterion. +McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin
Don't remind TRA/NAR to codify it or we will require sub-minature waivers for all model rockets in the future since they fly above tree tops.
They cannot even take a court win as if it were a win!
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Full on morons.
in a "fire prevention" code?
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Hi ken,
I thought the FAA doesn't care about anything UNDER controlled airspace.
Back in the Day, that was 1200 feet many places.
You could fly mini-mags to 500 feet and not need a waver or notam etc. Or so many said and put in writing.
I wonder how this changed over the course of a couple decades.
Reply to
almax
Smaller rockets are banned in many cities here in Texas as 'FireWorks' - I don't know if their decision was based on NFPA or not.
Some smaller and unincorporated cities will let you fly them to 1200 feet.
Reply to
Mark
Just one question, what part of Texas?
Reply to