LOC "Airframe Reducer" Question

I'm kitbashing a LOC/ Presision kit with a plastic 3" to 2.14" airframe reducer (transition). Are the little points of attachment for chute & shock cord strong enough? On a lot of nose cones I'll heat up a Phillips head screwdriver & burn a hole or two I can feed lines through for a better bite. I thought I'd ask here for your experience with these. Thanks. -- Richard "mildly sunburned or caked with sod farm chemicals?" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

In a word: NO!

I speak from experience. Chuck W

Farther, Faster, Higher!

Reply to
ChuckW

Amazingly enough, yes, **IF** you only attach ONE thing to the link. Attaching a shock cord and parachute can pull plastic links apart, be they LOC, PML, Questes, or whatever. With the LOC cones, I attach a quick-link to the eyelet, then attach everything else to that.

Bob Kaplow

Actually, if you use anything other than the elastic cord supplied or add any nose weight, we suggest you forget about the molded in attachment point. It will break. The 2 hole method equidistant between the center and outer portion of the bottom of the cone makes a much stronger attachment point which will be necessary if you use nylon or Kevlar - (don't use Kevlar ---- it breaks things and does burn and crack like nylon in the high temperature fires we see with FFFFg. - my 2c worth) Keep em flying! Barry

Reply to
<locprecision

Ah!! An answer from Mr. LOC-Precision himself! Thanks, Barry. I melted two holes in earlier day, right about where was suggested. -- Richard "was the Sunday Culpeper Battle Park launch cancelled?" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok