Looking for Quad Pod replacement parts

I've got an old Quad Pod in which the 'setscrews' got a bit rusty and I managed
to destroy the plastic handle getting them removed.
Ideally I'd love to find replacment parts but am not sure who the initial
supplier was.
If I can't find exact replacements my alternate would be something that didn't
require tools to use.
Any suggestions?
Best Regards,
George Rachor
Reply to
George Rachor
You might try just using an Eye post with the proper threads. I had one of the plastic handles break and used one for a bit - RV was still around and sent me a replacement with the plastic knob.
With the eye-bolt, you can probably jury-rig a kind of handle.
Take one of the existing screws to HD or Loews and match the size/threads (or your local HW store might be more helpful..)
Reply to
AZ Woody
I grabbed some bolts with Allen wrench type heads and that got me through the day. I would just prefer something that didn't require tools.
George
"AZ Woody" writes:
-- ========================================================= George L. Rachor Jr. snipped-for-privacy@rachors.com Hillsboro, Oregon http:rachors.com United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX
Reply to
George Rachor
glue or weld the allen wrench to the bolt :)
quick and dirty trick i've seen used is to weld a washer to a bolt to make a thumbscrew. If you dont have a welder, a welding shop would do it for cheap (try to get at them during lunch)
Reply to
tater schuld
The local ACE hardware had almost exactly what I wanted. The bolt was about 1/2 inch too short.
I did drop a mail note to snipped-for-privacy@cox.net but haven't heard anything yet.
George Rachor
"Lender B." writes:
-- ========================================================= George L. Rachor Jr. snipped-for-privacy@rachors.com Hillsboro, Oregon http:rachors.com United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX
Reply to
George Rachor
Joe works for American Airlines and is often on the road for several days at a time. His wife will answer the phone, but I don't know if she checks email when he is gone.
I did notice that the website at
says it was updated today. It was under construction for a long time.
The only thing I've ordered from him is the fiberglass/nomex composite board. He gets aerospace surplus and sells it pretty cheap.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
To follow my own post....
Joe from Impulse Aerospace has contacted me and he has these parts...
George
snipped-for-privacy@agora.rdr>The local ACE hardware had almost exactly what I wanted. The bolt was about 1/2 inch too short.
-- ========================================================= George L. Rachor Jr. snipped-for-privacy@rachors.com Hillsboro, Oregon http:rachors.com United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX
Reply to