Odd eBay Posting

These kits are described vaguely by the seller, as if he has little clue about model rockets. But the former head of Aardvark, Dr. Kenneth Johnson, lived/lives in Aloha, Oregon. Is this just a bit disingenuous? Ebay items 5982167227, 5982167792, 5982168365

And why bother with the dishonest front?

Reply to
slowslide

the keywords give him away big time

3/8" cord>>>>"braided"

wood discs>>>>"looks like good stuff- many layers"

parachute>>> nylon and big(although obviously from the pics, none of the chutes have been unfolded)

Tube>>> looks like it slides into annother tube(very observant, right)

tube>>> with "slots" in it(not cuts,slices, or other non-rocketry terminology)

Reply to
spiff

Nahhh....I think most "non-rocketry" people know what "braided cord" is, so I don't see that as a giveaway. What gives him away, is how he goes out of his way to "sound stupid" (i.e. the "pointey end" of the nose cone).

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Sounds like the same KJ I used to know. ;)

-Rich

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

What I find interesting is despite his known failures, people have THIS much time on their hands to follow every detail of Aardvark. A vendor which entered and left in extreme silence and failure.

And included Blackhawk too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Um, did you read the seller info part of those auctions? It actually says It's Kenneth Johnson9.

Still, the description of contained parts.....

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

I don't know anything about his failures. Was he convicted of fraud? Did he get a big fine for illegally shipping motors? Does he call himself an employee of a company with less than two employees -- a company whose owner is a big mystery? Did he ever get kicked out of a launch or a rocketry org?

You could take a lesson from that.

Reply to
raydunakin

That's nothing compared to what happened to me when I contacted him about one of his auctions awhile back. I sent him an e-mail regarding the auction, and also an inquiry about buying the remains of Aardvark.

I was contacted by a woman who knew nothing about rocketry, and said she didn't even know where the rockets in the auction came from.

Maybe he had a sex change and developed amnesia in the process?!

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Binder Design

Ironically it wouldn't be the first time in rocketry vendors.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, If you have amnesia, how would you remember that you had a sex change?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

His failures were well known to anyone who bought from him. His classic excuse was "It was lost in the mail", but he got more creative as time went on. Who can forget the time the sewer exploded in his 'shop'? ;)

-Rich

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

Well there's always the sewerbackedupintomyworkshopandtrashedeverything excuse.

Oh wait, that actually happened to me :(

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Rich Pitzeruse wrote:

Reply to
nedtovak

Well, in the M-F change, they take out half the brain, right?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Well, if you consider a brain as something contained in a head, then yes, I'd say they remove half the brain. Maybe more! ;)

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418

Reply to
Mark Hamilton