Odd eBay Posting

These kits are described vaguely by the seller, as if he has little clue about model rockets. But the former head of Aardvark, Dr. Kenneth
Johnson, lived/lives in Aloha, Oregon. Is this just a bit disingenuous? Ebay items 5982167227, 5982167792, 5982168365
And why bother with the dishonest front?
the keywords give him away big time
3/8" cord>>>>"braided"
wood discs>>>>"looks like good stuff- many layers"
parachute>>> nylon and big(although obviously from the pics, none of the chutes have been unfolded)
Tube>>> looks like it slides into annother tube(very observant, right)tube>>> with "slots" in it(not cuts,slices, or other non-rocketry terminology)
spiff wrote:

Nahhh....I think most "non-rocketry" people know what "braided cord" is, so I don't see that as a giveaway. What gives him away, is how he goes out of his way to "sound stupid" (i.e. the "pointey end" of the nose cone).
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

What I find interesting is despite his known failures, people have THIS much time on their hands to follow every detail of Aardvark. A vendor which entered and left in extreme silence and failure.
And included Blackhawk too.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

I don't know anything about his failures. Was he convicted of fraud? Did he get a big fine for illegally shipping motors? Does he call himself an employee of a company with less than two employees -- a company whose owner is a big mystery? Did he ever get kicked out of a launch or a rocketry org?

You could take a lesson from that.
His failures were well known to anyone who bought from him. His classic excuse was "It was lost in the mail", but he got more creative as time went on. Who can forget the time the sewer exploded in his 'shop'? ;)
-Rich
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

Well there's always the sewerbackedupintomyworkshopandtrashedeverything excuse.
Oh wait, that actually happened to me :(
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Rich Pitzeruse wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Um, did you read the seller info part of those auctions? It actually says It's Kenneth Johnson9.
Still, the description of contained parts.....
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
That's nothing compared to what happened to me when I contacted him about one of his auctions awhile back. I sent him an e-mail regarding the auction, and also an inquiry about buying the remains of Aardvark.
I was contacted by a woman who knew nothing about rocketry, and said she didn't even know where the rockets in the auction came from.
Maybe he had a sex change and developed amnesia in the process?!
Mike Fisher Binder Design http://binderdesign.com

Ironically it wouldn't be the first time in rocketry vendors.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, If you have amnesia, how would you remember that you had a sex change?
Binder Design wrote:

Well, in the M-F change, they take out half the brain, right? <vbg>
Doug
Doug Sams wrote:

Well, if you consider a brain as something contained in a head, then yes, I'd say they remove half the brain. Maybe more! ;)
Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418