OT: RIP Steve Irwin

I just heard on the news that "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin has died! He was filming a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef, and was stung
by a stingray. The barb pierced his heart.
That sucks. I always enjoyed his show and his manically cheerful personality.
dont they put some kind of armor like those chain mail used to protect against sharks when doing something like this? unless he accidently fell onto a stingray.... I read somewhere you can kill a tree by taking the barb from a string ray and stick it in the tree...
--
TAI FU
< snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message

It was a fluke happening. Apparently he swam over the top of the ray and it freaked and drove its spike into him. I've snorkelled a bit an seen heaps of rays and have stood on two or three. They generally either ignore you or just swim off. It sounds like it was just really bad luck. It's sent a bit of a shock wave across Oz.
Borat wrote:

I stood on a small one a few weeks ago. Luckily, I wasn't stung at all, but it sure made the ol' ticker beat a bit faster for a while!
Borat wrote:

I'm sorry, but "fluke" happening?
Oh man, that's classic!!
No direspect to Mr. Irwin, but crikey!
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 18:35:38 -0700, Gus wrote:

Despite the tragic loss...it *is* a bit humorous...in the Ewell Gibbons vain. For those too young (or too out of touch with history) he was the "everything natural" guru...who died unexpectedly "of natural causes"...lol.
--

Greg Heilers
Same here, my best wishes and prayers are for his wife and kid(s) (can't remember how many he had) and I hope they are fine and will be ok but yes, I do agree, there is a small humor factor. You knew it was coming, although I was expecting by a huge croc.
Steve USA ========================================== Greg Heilers wrote:

Kosingigglephits wrote:

"Shot through the heart, and you're to blame. Yeah, you give rays a bad name."
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http://www.rocketryplanet.com

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

teehee
You know, Triumph, the insult comic dog, has another *take* on that song :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
tdstr wrote:

Really? What's that take?
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http://www.rocketryplanet.com

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Make certain you not drinking anything when viewing this :)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=triumph+bon+jovi&hl=en
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
tdstr wrote:

Holy crap! I mean poop. ;-) Now that was good...
(Just don't let Woody see that!)
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http://www.rocketryplanet.com

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:42:39 GMT, Greg Heilers

All things considered, I think he was overdue. He was great while he lasted... not laughing.
Alan Jones wrote:

Once saw this on a t-shirt; 'Steve, leave the cobra alone...'
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
This is most certainly not a fluke happening.
A fluke could never inflict this kind of wound.
My sad attempt at humor in sad event.

tai fu wrote:

Sting ray venom isn't very dangerous, just hurts a bit. Steve was unlucky enough to get the barb through his heart. Thats what killed him.

Crikey! That's gotta hurt....