Re: can you ID this rocket?

"MikeT" wrote in news:fsbkb.817391$uu5.143917@sccrnsc04:

It sounds like the Super vega to me. I cloned one last year, and it's one of the best rockets in my collection.

Here is a link to the 1990 catalog with a picture. Is this it?

Tim Reidy San Antonio Rocket Society

about 6 years ago I bought a dusty large kit from the local hobbytown.

I never finished the kit. > > I now have the assembled tube, cone, motormount and most of the fins > but am missing few parts that I will be manufacturing today for a 8:AM > flight tomorrow. - nothing like waiting til the last minute. > > the rocket is 37" assembled. chute recovery, > BT-60 for the main tube (two sections connected) > two lugs > two areas of fins. > lower tail fins are massive. > 3 large fins each with a notch to mount a section of BT-50 with a > dowel and card foot. kind of like the "mars snooper-II" I think it is > in the same family but I cannot find an image of it. > between these are three small fins. looking from the engine eng you > see 6 fins. > > in the center of the rocket there is another fin area - three small > fins. > > recovery is parachute. > > I will post a followup photo and this message to > alt.binaries.models.rockets > > -miket > > > > > >
Reply to
Tim Reidy

That is it! Thanks to both posters! I can now track down plans I hope.

I just repaired a flopped over top fin. Now to manufacture the missing pod for one of the large fins andrepair a cracked large fin.

anyone ever flown this kit?

If I can track down my digi-cam I will take a photo of it..

check out this eye candy -

day...

Reply to
MikeT

I have a vintage Super Vega, and have flown it twice. It flies to about 250 or 300 feet. Use a D-12-3 only. Cracked a fin and busted a landing pod on the first flight, no damage on the second. I retired mine, as it has become to fragile for flight over the years. It needs some TLC.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

cracked large fin.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I've flown mine many times, and it flies very well. A real crowd-pleaser when finished up with the decals. Unfortunately mine had a recovery failure when I last flew it a month or so ago. Fortunately, it's repairable if I replace that forward section of tube. It's already survived an explosive CATO a few years ago, so every flight I get out of it is a "bonus."

BTW, I also saw some>That is it! Thanks to both posters!

cracked large fin.

Reply to
James Steven York