SASCO Composite Model Rocket Motors?

I'm reading a copy of the American Modeler magazine, mar/apr 1963 and G.Harry Stine mentions a new model rocket company called Scientific Amateur Supply Co.(SASCO) in Ogden,Utah by what he calls a Thiokol propellant chemist named John Rahkonen.

The motors are described as 1.3 lbs avg thrust / 4 sec thrust duration and

2.5 lbs avg thrust /6 sec thrust duration. This gives Total Impulses of 1.3 x 4 = 5.2 lb-sec and 2.5 x 6 = 15 lb-sec which I think reduces to 23 n-s and 66 n-s respectively. If this is correct they look like low E and mid- F .

Anybody ever heard or know anything about these motors? I assume they were composite motors.

tia

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

nevermind.....I just learned that SASCO became Prodyne....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I was gonna say that. I've got a couple Prodyne motors in my collection.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Never seen the motors, but I've met John Rahkonen. He's a "composite" kind of guy, so I'd have to assume His motors were also.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis