U-type spring steel nuts

Anyone ever use one of theses bad boys to say fasten a nose cone to a body tube payload bay so that the nose will not come off under regular ejection
stresses? It seems like it might also have applications of holding on altimeter bay doors etc. It might be a touch tricky to slide one into a slot (or maybe even low profile rectangular hole) but it seems it may be viable piece of hardware to use in places where blind nuts might be less than desirable.
Thoughts please......
BTW, if you are having problems envisioning exactly the piece of hardware I am talking about, I can post some pics on ABMR.
--
Best regards,
Mark Daughtry, SR

I Googled "Tinnerman nuts". (U-shaped spring steel nuts)
this site looks like a good reference.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik