Listing of Soviet Light Tank Kits

A gentleman just asked me if I could expand on the comment I made recently in my review of the T-80 from Miniart about all of the Soviet light tanks in kit form.

Here's the list:

T-18 (MS-1) Light Tank AER T-18 (needs a LOT of work) T-26 Model 1931/1932 Maquette/RPM, Zvezda (must be kit bashed) T-26 Model 1934 Maquette/RPM, Zvezda (must be kit bashed) T-26RT Model 1936/1937 Zvezda (needs TLC and reworking) T-26-1 Model 1939 Mirage, Zvezda (must be kit bashed) T-30 Light Tank START T-37A Amphibious Tank SDS/Fort T-38M Amphibious Tank AER, Cooperativa (the latter is a better kit) T-40 Light Tank START T-40A Light Tank START T-50 Light Tank Techmod (version with applique and etched brass is a better choice, whether built with it or without it) T-60 Light Tank Techmod T-60A Light Tank Zvezda (NOT recommended), Techmod enhanced kit with etched metal T-70 Light Tank Techmod (needs totally new turret), Miniart (needs mantelet shifted 2mm to the right, easy fix) T-70M Light Tank Miniart (needs mantelet shifted 2mm to the right, easy fix) T-80 Light Tank Miniart BT-2 Maquette (Zvezda BT-5 with additional parts, rough but can be done) BT-5RT Zvezda (needs TLC) BT-7 Model 1935 Zvezda (not recommended), Eastern Express BT-7 Model 1939 Eastern Express BT-7A Eastern Express

Reply to
AMPSOne

The Russian company SK makes a resin & white metal T-37 also.

Bruce Melbourne, Australia

Reply to
Bruce Probst

White metal ain't injection molded as a rule!

Seriously there are a number of resin kits and conversions out there as well, but for once we can now get all of them in plastic.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

I never said it was ....

Your original post didn't say anything about "plastic", it just said "kit form".

A r&wm kit is still a kit, isn't it?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst

Actually it did, but 3$%#$% AOL SENT the message before I had it fully sorted out from my word processor to the rec,models,scale entry box. Kinda figures.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne