Republic F84

Hi there, I am looking for information on Republic's F-84 Thunderjet versions B to G, those with the straight wing, Would not mind a copy of the article from Scale Aircraft Modelling Volume 3 Number 9 which was released in June 1981. Planes would be a bonus, any reasonable costs would be covered.

Yours Sincerely

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Alastair Macfarlane

Thanks Ron, I have the Tamiya 1/72 kit and the Academy 1/72 kit as well which has a second canopy, which I would love to find out about as well as other differences between models

All the best

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Alastair Macfarlane

Can't really say "B to G," as the F-84F had the swept wing.

Reply to
EGMcCann

There is a member of our IPMS club that builds F-84's almost exclusively. Check the articles at

for more information.

Woody

Alastair Macfarlane wrote:

Reply to
James Woody

I belive there's also a slightly longer fuselage 1½ inch or so - not something that'll show on a 1:72 scale model.

Claus "Ron" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com...

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Haven't seen the entire thread,but on the subject of F-84s,have you tried

?Very interesting page.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

There's also the airbrake which either had lots of small holes, or 4 larger rectangular slots. Certain -Gs has the holes as well.

Very early F-84s didn't have fins on the tip-tanks. The aforementioned Detail and Scale book would be well accompanied by Squadron's In-Action book.

Reply to
Jeff C